tourist activitiesbe active during your stay
- Discover the beauty of the commune on foot, enjoy the amazing landscapes formed by the fortress and the surroundings;
- Visit “Pivnita Bunicii” to taste and buy traditional jams and cordials;
- Fish for carp in the local lakes;
- During the winter you can watch plum brandy-making in a traditional still and you can also taste it!
- Relax with a good book and a glass of wine;
- Watch traditional home bread-making;
- Watch barrel-making, blacksmithing, charcoal burning and weaving;
- Meet the bees: you will wear a bee suit and discover how honey is produced;
- Horse-and-cart trips to see the sheep being milked and the cheese being made;
- Visit the wine cellar and the museum near Biertan and taste the wine varieties;
- Take a ride on the narrow-gauge railway line from Sibiu to Agnita;
- Visit Maria Nistor in Mălâncrav to see how carpets, rugs and tablecloths are woven;
- Take part in the Slow Food dinners on the third Saturday of every month, organised by various households in the area;
For all these activities you need to make bookings in advance.